New Job, Old Job

Well, it's been a almost a year since my last blog entry and coincidentally the day I started my last job. I'm back in STM. I wouldn't be entering this if not for a certian Mr SK who dumped a link to my blog on his extravagant blog.

Is there a perfect job for anyone? Is money all there is to it in this world? Rising petrol costs, propelling raises in other costs... it's indecent. Well, pardon the pun. I don't really miss my last job. My life was being controlled by a job to the extent that my waking and sleeping hours are dominated by work. I find myself obligated to work late hours and to come back to the office on holidays. The stress also increased my tendency towards depression and flared emotions. Heart rate irregular. The pinnacle of all this was when I lashed out unreasonably at a colleague who happened to be a really good friend. That was the point I decided, February 16, 2006 - last day. No turning back. I almost tendered my resignation on January 13, 2006 which was ironically Friday the 13th, the same 'auspicious' day which I joined. Heh, that would have been really cliche.

Anyway, here I am back in familiar waters. I miss my collegues (Note to self: Sentimental old fool!) Another aspect of life I find difficult to accustom to: meeting and parting. Well, enough for one blog after a long break. Ciaoz.

Comments

Popular Posts