Contemplation


A long time ago,
I believed a person could live alone,
By his strength, intellect and wisdom,
To depend on others was a sign of weakness,
After all,
If you cannot stand living with yourself,
How can you expect another to live with you...

Then I came to know God,
And the fellowship of His people
A new dimension superimposed itself
Upon my principles, everything I believed in
I started to covet friendship in all its fullness
Ah God, what strange designs do You have for me

With desire, came discontentment and jealousy
Possessiveness and envy
Dark and light
Like the Word says, when your eyes stray
From the perfect One who saved you
To any of His flawed creations
There can only be pain and struggles

Foolish, I may have been
But mayhaps, God intends for us
To go through the greatest blunders
And the hardest journeys
For these may be what really builds character
And who are we to say,
That good may not come out of the evil that we perceive

For God, is a mighty God
And a loving Father
His ways are not our ways
Nor are His thoughts our thoughts
A single day in God's sight
Is a thousand years for mortal man
Therefore I will not give up yet
As long as there is breath
There is hope
Maybe one day, I will find that answer
For which I seek
And on that day, find my peace and rest in the Lord
Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts