Dialogue: Give thanks to God.

There are many thoughts racing through my head right now. I wonder if I am still in shock. Do people who are in shock know they are in shock. Anyway, having a little conversation in my head right now. I am tempted to put God in the second person in my dialogue but that would be too blasphemous.

Shocked: Why am I alive?
Self: Because it is not your time yet. Give thanks to God.
Shocked: I could have killed somebody.
Self: But you did not. Give thanks to God.
Shocked: Shucks, stupid expenses.
Self: It's only material stuff. Would you have preferred to be injured badly? Give thanks to God.
Shocked: I hate being alone.
Self: You are not alone. You have friends and family. Give thanks to God.
Shocked: I hate feeling depressed. Why do I have all these thoughts in my head?
Self: It means you are still very much alive. Give thanks to God.
Shocked: I'm still in a blurr. My life feels like a mess. How do I go on?
Self: Firstly, start by giving thanks to God...

And life goes on...

Comments

Las montaƱas said…
Shocked: I hate being alone.
Self: You are not alone. You have friends and family. Give thanks to God.


Ask the Lord for strength to weather all tribulations and trials that come your way. If we feel sad today, know that it will soon pass.

Popular Posts