'Bak Good Teh' and Midnight Blues

Sigh, woke up after midnight to realize I fell asleep without taking a shower. Yucks, have the horrible dry sensation at the back of my throat. Dang MSG (monosodium glutamate)! Oh well, while waiting for my hair to dry, may as well pen another blog entry.

Oh yeah, I had another bak kut teh earlier for dinner at a shop called 'Bak Good Teh'. (Go figure) For the uninitiated, bak kut teh means 'meat bone tea' in mandarin. (Yes, those Chinese classes finally paid off) After the 'Click' movie today, I had a most delightfully filling bak kut teh meal today. Huge portions of meat, lovely soup and my favourite 'yau char kway' (translated deep fried ghost, I think). Actually, 'yaw char kway' is just a long shaped dough, deep fried in oil. A most delightful companion to coffee. Yum.

Anyway, I wish they'd lay off the MSG. Give us fellow Malaysians a chance to live longer and savour more different types of cuisine. Yawn... (patting hair), yup just a bit more and it's back to Dreamland... good night.

Comments

Las montaƱas said…
aiyoh... all those oily oily stuff! LM see liao runs away! LM very healthy one you know, go gym go run...etc ;)
Anonymous said…
Hahaha good translation. Hmmm you dun use hair dryer? I also...only use it on my piano and church piano...hahahaha... Last Thursday my church was flooded. You can ask my Pastor(Rev.Tan Jin Huat)about it. Small world right? =)
Jonzz said…
weiwei: lazy to use hair dryer my hair is pretty short now. Oh, Pastor Tan Jin Huat is your pastor. Yup, very small world. But then, this is Malaysia.

Popular Posts