If

Yawn, feel like writing a boring 'If' poetry. I shall use references for all the silly creatures that roam around my neighborhood.


If I were a monkey
Where would I be
Small and furry
Jumping tree to tree
Teasing the squirrels
Picking my fleas
But that's a monkey
And not me

If I were a snail
Crawling on the ground
Slow and slimy
Never making a sound
Chewing up pot plants
Avoiding the trees
But that's a snail
And not me

If I were a snake
Scaley and long
Twin fangs of poison
Making ladies 'beh song'
Guys come after me
Sticks to whack my head
But I'm not a snake
Or else I'm dead

If I were a magpie
Singing on a tree
Pretty black and white feathers
And a pleasant melody
A real busybody
Flying everywhere
But I'm not a bird
Just a man in a chair

Guess I'm not a monkey,
A snail or a snake
I'm not a dumb bird
Flying over some lake
I'm just a blogger
Staring at a 15" screen
Any more radiation
I'm gonna turn green.

End of post.

Comments

Annie said…
Gosh! I could swear that sounds like a famous Neil Diamond song! or was it a Simon and Garfunkel. Pah!
Jonzz said…
ROFL.. Neil Diamond? Simon and Garfunkel... the only inspiration I drew from was a sunday school song called 'If I were a Butterfly'
Las montaƱas said…
jonzz: looks like you've got too much time on your hands! :P
Jonzz said…
wah, LM, where are you? no entries for a day? tsk tsk tsk. it was only 10 minutes spent dude.
Anonymous said…
Wah, almost as good as the original 'IF' though this one is more zoologically inclined. :-) I see you have recovered from the 'Hard Sermon'.
Jonzz said…
Recovered from the 'Hard Sermon'. LOL, nah, I was just pissed off at the overdose of perceived self-righteousness.
Personally I'm still my happy sarcastic self.

Popular Posts