A Dark and Stormy Evening




After that walk in the park this morning, all hell broke loose in the evening. One minute, yours truly was in Jusco scouting for new cool toy vehicles for his nephews and next minute, I was struggling through a heavy storm with only the lights of the car in front as my guide. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life. It was crazy the way water was splashing all around me. You can see fountains spurting out of drainholes. I was like 'Oh God, oh God...'

Aitelyu, it was like someone who had one too many drinks, the way the sky unloaded her cargo with such a vengeance. Hopefully, this will mean clear hazeless skies for the next few days(Two thumbs up!) I think this weather would probably have given Noah a false alarm way before the Great Flood. I can imagine Noah saying, 'God, where's the alarm bells? I haven't packed my underwear yet'.

Comments

Las montaƱas said…
Caught in a couple of such heavy rain before in singapore. Can barely see the reflector lights of the car in front! And when a faster vehicle goes past, the water splashed on the windscreen and totally blank out all front view!! so so dangerous I tell u! Its like driving underwater lidat.
Anonymous said…
Jonzz: Y r u taking pics while driving? Safety first leh.....
*shake head*
Anonymous said…
Jonzz,yours is not too bad liow.last time when i was driving along karak highway,the rain was so heavy until i can only see the car light which was so blur infront of me.but there r cars that still dare to drive so fast,overtake me,then the water spilled to my windscreen until i totally cant see the front..i cant stop by the road side bcos it is a high way,it's even more dangerous if i stop...huhhh...really scary experience...wat i could do is just PRAY.n i m safe. thank God for His protection.
Annie said…
Yeah, ditto on what Poohbee says, "Why the hell are you taking pictures WHILE driving!" - Darwinism in process. tsk.tsk. I've only seen rainstorms like that on the East Coast of the U.S. We had to pull over in a parking lot and just waited it out.

Popular Posts