Darkness Falls

I pour away the darkness inside
Into words and sentences each day
Hoping that with time and tide
It will slowly fade away

Ever imagined having a knife plunged through your heart then have it twisted continuously? The wound eventually festers and the poison spreads through your body. In the end, even though, the wound heals, the scars remain. And unfortunately, the old person is no more.

Imagine this process happening again... and again... and again... What will happen to that person?

Psychological pain can often translate to physical pain.

Empty words, careless actions, being taken for granted and being betrayed by people you trust or love will do that to you. Slowly it eats away at whatever good there is inside.

Of course one could say; if you count your own goodness, you're probably not that great anyway.

Anyway, I am weary. Gonna take some real time-off on my day of rest for a month.

Somehow, the idea seems very liberating.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Jonzz, I understand how you feel. If you watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Kate Winslet's character, Clementine, described herself "I am just a f**ked-up girl looking for my own peace of mind", and that's precisely what I am. It's not that I am not happy now. It's just that whatever that happened in the past has saddened me so much that I have this ache within that just would not leave. It constantly threatens to drown me had it not been that ounce of positivity and optimism that still remains. Well, I think, time will heal.. I think.. I just need to let time work its magic. And so do you.
Wuching said…
happy time off
Anonymous said…
Working out and perspiration works for me if I'm not in a good mood. Mayb u give it a try?

Dat dog is not Scooby rite? Unless u coloured him white.
Annie said…
I think if we forget about our scars, we will repeat the mistakes we've made that injured ourselves in the first place. They're battle scars - a reminder of what you "survived"... We go through a lot; but like some may say... God does not give you anything He doesn't think you can handle...

If it makes you weak and weary - then it's time to take a break and take care of yourself.. eating well balanced meals, drinking a lot of water, sleeping more, reading a happy book, watching happy movies.
Las montaƱas said…
Annie's comments reminds me of 1Corinthian10:13

" ...but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it"
Anonymous said…
hey.. u ok?

i'm not so smart to figure it out la

sorry :-(
winniethepooh said…
Resting is to prepare yourself for the longer journey ahead.

take care
sbanboy said…
Learning to forgive and let go of past hurts ..... is a long process but a first step which must be taken. I can identify with you.

Rest is good .... but there comes a time when we must face the demons and overcome.... so that it will lose their grip over us.

Will keep you in prayer bro. In His strength you can.
Jonzz said…
jomel: For this case, it needs a little bit more than just time.

wuching: Heh

PB: That's Scooby alright. That picture was taken by Terence.

Annie: Have done that. This one is difficult. Taking time off to deal with it.

LM: Trouble is, I'm not seeking a way of escape but something else.

mott: Basically I'm okay but dealing with a major issue at the moment.

winniethepooh: :) Guess so.

sbanboy: This is not resting. This is avoiding.

Popular Posts