The Right Thing


It's 3.20am in the morning.

No, I was not awake all night. I fell asleep immediately after dinner and just woke up.

Alone with my thoughts and accompanied whatever denizens there are at this unearthly hour, my mind turns to blogging.

I have been contemplating about the decisions in my life on and off. Not really in the deep analytical way I used to when I was a kid, but more from a detached, apathetic, third person perspective.

I have long come to the conclusion about how complicated our insignificant human existences really are. There is really no such thing as the right thing. Things are just relative in this life. What you consider to be right or wrong gets challenged again and again throughout the course of time.

Take our values and decisions. I really applaud those who can maintain their cherished principles from their youth. But frankly, I think holding too tightly to your principles just turns you into a rigid stick in the mud. What seems right at the time may be a regrettable decision in the future. What seems to be the worst possible choice may end up being that all important turning point that brought you to where you are today. That's why it would be fun to have the precognitive powers of the lead character in "Next". It would be even better to have Jessica Biel to be your cute partner, ha ha.

Communication must be the hardest thing in the world. Words we choose to say to others, even with the most genuine of motives, may be interpreted as insult or arrogance to the other party. How many times have you ever expressed your concern to another person, only to have it thrown back in your face with the reply "What do you know?" Such a pity we do not have the vast telepathic abilities of the X-Men's Professor X. Then there would be no room for error.

But then there'd be no need for words. Life would be kinda, boring without such controversy.

Shucks, 3.oo am is certainly not a good time for philosophy. Time to hit the sack once again.

Comments

Popular Posts