Slumdog Millionaire

I've just finished reading "Slumdog Millionaire". Second book. One more to go. I'm feeling so proud of myself.

I still remember this scenario at the Borders bookshop. This chap was raving and gesticulating as he promoted this book to his group of female companions. "Wah, this book is damnnnn goood!", "I tell you, you won't regret buying this book!", "Did you watch the movie? You should read the book".

Since Jonzz is damnnnn kiasu, I bought the book.

I nearly made the mistake of watching the movie before reading the book. Fortunately, we abandoned the movie halfway for the sake of my younger nephews since there were many graphic scenes that would give the average person nightmares.

Anyway, I was sold and finished reading this book this morning. And it was good. I won't spoil the story by telling you the details. To quote Warsurfer, google it yourself. (ha ha ha)

And as usual I found that movie adaptations rarely do the original story justice. The stories are twisted in a glamorous way as a feast to our senses, and you rarely get to capture and appreciate the finer points of the story. Sometimes I don't even remember the name of the characters. (*Blush!*)

The worst movie adaptation for me has to be Eragon. I can never forget the lame compliment the hero paid to the heroine in the movie, "You look... fit for battle!" HA HA HA HA HA!

Well, one more book to go.

Sigh, this is gonna be one long Chinese New Year.

Comments

Popular Posts