The Lunch With The Puppy

Update: The answers to A New Obsession's Gardening Quiz are out! (Yay!)

The weather is really going crazy. Ask any Malaysian. Intense heat alternating with heavy thunderstorms.

Anyway, I went for lunch. The heat was really unbearable. As I parked next to the Blossom Food Court, I noticed this cute puppy (probably a Rottweiler mix) running under my car, to take cover from the blazing sun. I looked at it and thought casually, 'Hopefully it will have left after lunch'.

Of course, it didn't or you wouldn't be reading this blog entry. I finished my lunch and as predicted, the puppy was still resting under my car, leaning against the tyres.

Oh great! It's at times like this I wish I didn't have a soft spot for animals. I tried luring it out and succeeded. What I didn't count on was keeping it away from my car. So it crawled back in.

Dang! Okay, time to use the food option. I went back to the food court and bought a 'sang yoke' pau. I pulled out a small piece and tried to lure it. Unfortunately food was not the problem and it stayed under the car. Oh well, more inches for my waist.

Like it or not, I had to get back to work. I just had to be cautious not to make fresh roadkill out of Mr Puppy here. Just as I was making my way out, this stupid Mercedes parks close in front of me. Looking into the side mirror, I noticed the puppy has scampered under the car behind me. Yay! Hallelujah!

Finally, making my way out, I just made another pass and saw the puppy rolling on the ground. Apparently the other car had left. Oh no! Has it been run over? Hmm.. no whining or yelping and it's wagging it's tail. Must be alright.

Sigh... sometimes it would be nice to be able to take care of these helpless creatures but you and I know that's next to impossible since we hardly have the resources.

I think to myself, at least I gave one creature one more day right. And where there's life, there's hope. Maybe some other generous soul will adopt it.

Comments

Popular Posts